Internet constantly disconnects. Need expert advice
switch2verse

Hello and thank you for reading this.

The problem I have been having with my home internet for the past year is that it is constantly losing connection. Sometimes it's as often as once an hour, sometimes only a few times a day.

I have logged onto router to see what happens when it disconnects and sometimes Broadband and ISP are both disconnected and sometimes Broadband is connected and ISP is not.

I think it is an issue with the router sharing a 2-in-1 wall adapter with the phone. I have noticed that when the phone rings or gets hung up the internet will usually disconnect at the same time. When the internet goes down sometimes it'll connect back right away, but usually it takes at least 1-5 minutes before connection is reestablished.

Also as further evidence of this theory when using the house phone there is a lot of background static on the line.

I know that this can be caused by DSL signal interfering but I am confused because I use a DSL filter on my phone.

My setup is an actiontec gt784wnv router sharing a 2Wire 2-in-1 wall adapter with a house phone + cordless phone combo.

I have a 2Wire DSL filter hooked up to the phone line going into the wall. and yes, it is correctly installed.

I am hoping someone can verify my suspicions and point out to me the problem in my set up.

Should I try replacing the DSL filter? Mine is a few years old is that past due? Or is it another problem?

0 Likes
Re: Internet constantly disconnects. Need expert advice
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes