Internet cuts out every 20 minutes for about 10 seconds
Not applicable

This is about the 3 freakin time I've written this so far because it keeps disconnecting. Every 20 minutes or so, my WIFI cuts out for about 10 seconds. It is enough to disconnect me from online games, and online classes. I have done all of the basic troubleshooting that they always tell you to do, and none of it has worked. I want to get an actual router instead of the crap one that they give you, but my room mates don't want to spend the money on it. Please help, at this point I'm ready to find a new service provider.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet cuts out every 20 minutes for about 10 seconds
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would help to know which router you have.  It would be helpful to know what kind of device is experiencing the problem.  And if any other devices in the home have the same problem.

Is this happening to wired connections?  If not, it's likely WiFi interference from a nearby device.  Could be another router, could be a mis-configued IoT device, or even a wonky microwave oven.  Try switching channels.  Try switching bands.  If the problem only occurs on 5Ghz, it disable DFS channels.

More details will help the users here give you additional recommendations.

View solution in original post

Re: Internet cuts out every 20 minutes for about 10 seconds
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would help to know which router you have.  It would be helpful to know what kind of device is experiencing the problem.  And if any other devices in the home have the same problem.

Is this happening to wired connections?  If not, it's likely WiFi interference from a nearby device.  Could be another router, could be a mis-configued IoT device, or even a wonky microwave oven.  Try switching channels.  Try switching bands.  If the problem only occurs on 5Ghz, it disable DFS channels.

More details will help the users here give you additional recommendations.