Internet is moving very slow and customer support is no help
Daveeeer

my internet is running very slow, i am currently paying for 35/35 internet speed. i ran the speed test a few times and the download speed was 00.26. I tried calling verizon but i only got a machine. The machine said Verizon video on demand was down in my area and would expect to be back up thursday. I dont care about the video on demand cause i hardly use that. I was wondering since the video on demand is down would it effect my internet speed and explain to why it is moving so slow?

0 Likes
Re: Internet is moving very slow and customer support is no help
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there is a possibility that they are related, but i don't think they should be.

are you hardwired or wireless, and are you testing at speedtest.verizon.net?  can you click on the link that says NDT and paste the results of the details link here?

0 Likes
JoeBoo24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would power cycle your gateway/router.  The download speed you are getting is incredibly slow. If powercycle of your router doesnt resolve the issue you might have to call tech support again and hopefully you can get through. If you can call your neighbor and see if they have same internet slowness like you. Your ONT might need to be rebooted. VOD shouldnt cause internet slowness since I do believe is on a differnt wavelenghth.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Video on Demand is delivered over your data service, so if you're seeing a massive slowdown when it's running consider checking over the router. Some notable features of the router that can cause the speeds to tank are Parental Controls and the Firewall set to some rediculous filtering level, due to the lack of hardware in the ActionTec to handle high speed traffic without sending it all to the CPU.

Also check over your coaxial connections. If your Coax is of poor quality it's likely to blame since that has to use MoCa between your ONT and your router, and ultimately your router to the Set Top Box.

Lastly, reboot the ONT and ensure you're getting your proper speeds or more than your proper speeds. VOD is supposed to result in a speed increase while it's running.

0 Likes