Internet light not lit, tech support not helping, PPP Down?
ROFLBOB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey guys, I have a problem. I just ordered Verizon's HSI and yesterday was my service ready date. I receieved  a call saying that my service was ready, except it's not working at all. 

I spent a majority of yesterday evening on the phone with tech support, which seemed like they were clueless and not helping. here's my problem.

I have a Westell 7500 modem/router. The DSL light is a solid green, however the Internet light is out. It's not red or green, just unlit. I logged into the router settings and i see this big warning: Gateway is not ready for internet connection. Well, that's no good. It also says DSL Connected, but PPP down. 

I went into the connections of the router settings and I changed the login information to my verizon account information, but that didn't seem to do anything. It still says the PPP status is down.

No matter what I do, I am not connected to the internet it seems. I talked to a represenative on the phone and he said that the problem is on Verizon's end, but he seemed kind of confused so I don't know if he really knows what he was talking about.

I'm not really a happy camper with the service so far, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. God forbid I switch to Comcast and their lousy bandwidth cap, but if this isn't resolved soon I may have to resort to that.

Or if there is a tier 3 DSL support number with professionals, i would LOVE to have that. 

Re: Internet light not lit, tech support not helping, PPP Down?
pt4790

I had the same problem off and on since May. Verizon sent a tech out, and he was clueless. The intermittent problem has recently stopped, but instead of high speed internet that I pay for, I have slow speed internet. According to the test performed by speedtest.net. I am like you in I about to change to back to comcast (the lesser pain in the but). 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This probably means the line hasn't been provisioned on Verizon's end completely if the modem is unable to connect. You'll need to work with support, either at the Verizon Direct forum over at DSLReports, on the phone or through the Live Chat on Verizon's website to get that solved. Most of the time if it isn't an issue with the network itself, it's a case of a tech clicking through a few steps to get the line back in working order.

0 Likes
ROFLBOB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken with tech support but I really don't think they know what to do. Each time they just tell me to "go to the router setting and click connect. Oh it's not working? Well... I'll call back tomorrow. It will work tomorrow"

They're supposed to call me back "within 24-48 hours" with good news that my internet will suddenly be working. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll update with any news as I'm sure i'm not the only one going through this. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the connection ever come back up? If it is still down, you might need to have someone within Verizon check the network end of things to ensure your modem is able to talk to the Verizon network. A reset of the modem and a bypass of the Walled Garden might bring the connection back up, but failing that it would be Verizon's problem to fix.

0 Likes