Internet not working for the 6th time in 2 1/2 years - horrible service
jpacich2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from Comcast to FIOS in November of 2013.  Never had a lot of problems with Comast but the introductory rates FIOS offered when they started service in our neighborhood was enticing so we thought we'd give it a try.  I wish I'd done my homework and read people's comments who already had FIOS!

In March of 2014 all of our service went down.  Internet, cable and phone.  Five different technicians were here over a course of 4 days.  The 1st technician tried to tell his techs on the phone what the problem was but no one would listen to him.  The PON card we were on was bad and we needed to be switched.  I work remotely for my company from home so had to spend 3 of those days working from a Starbucks and taking phone calls on my cell.  Once our problem was escalated to the "suits" in the Pittsburgh Verizon office, the PON card was changed and our service restored.  

Since then, my internet has gone down on Jan. 9, 2014, Feb, 12,  2014, Feb. 19, 2014, June 15, 2015, Dec. 10, 2015 and again yesterday, March 1, 2016 but this time, even my cable is not working.  If not for my next door neighbors switching back to Comcast after experiencing the same problems we were and allowing me to use their wireless, I would not be able to write this message from home!  I know my Verizon file has to be pages long and yet, we were told by customer service this morning that a tech would not be available to come to our house until Friday, 1:00 pm at the earliest.  UNACCEPTABLE.  I'm quite sure the greedy Verizon "suits" want them doing new installs to get more schmucks hooked up and paying for service ASAP so forget about us poor people that have received awful customer service from FIOS for years.

I tell anyone I can do not switch to FIOS.  If not for the wonderful technicians who've come to our house for all of these problems, we would've been gone a long time ago.  They're the only good thing Verizon has going for them.  I've heard them screamed at by their own colleagues while standing next to them in my garage and trying to explain what needs to be fixed and being told they are wrong.  But, I think even I have reached the end of my rope with FIOS today.  It's time to ditch this subpar service.  I'm happy to pay Comcast a higher rate if it means I don't have to be without service for days while management receives bonuses in the thousands of dollars from **bleep** like me who keep hoping they will get their act together.  If they'd sent a tech out here today or tomorrow, I may have given them another chance.

I would've happily sent this message as an email to someone in their customer service department but as a testament to how much they DON'T want to help anyone once they reel you in, they don't provide a way to send them a complaint via email.  I'm DONE! 

Re: Internet not working for the 6th time in 2 1/2 years - horrible service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jpacich1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes