Internet outage in Cecil county Maryland
jbrady33

Posting from work

at Home - DSL connected, PPP not, so no interne since dinnertime yesterdayt.  I called in to support twice and after convincing the guy reading the script to PLEASE just run the line test and stop reading the script they said that this was a prop=blem in the "area", not just me.

Anyone else down?  Is there anyplace to see the current outages or check on status without having to go through the circus of the voice prompts that take you to some guy who insist you reset your modem and re-enter your password and all that jazz?

0 Likes
Re: Internet outage in Cecil county Maryland
knighttemplar421
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the alexandria area and have been down since yesterday.  I got the same reset your modem 5 times person you did apparently.  After all my searching I could find NO system status/outage report information.  If you find out a way to skip the script reader and get to someone who can find the real problem let me know too! 🙂

medevam

I am in Alexandria (Landmark Mall area), and my DSL was restored this morning. The Verizon recording stated a known issue in "Cameron, Virginia"...which doesn't exist. They may have meant Cameron Station or Cameron Mews.

0 Likes
knighttemplar421
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Medevam, what time did it come up for you?

0 Likes
jbrady33

STILL DOWN!!!  Anyone else

0 Likes
strcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Internet is also out in Aberdeen.  My DHCP line is UP, but I can not

get a DHCP address.    The problem seems to be wide spread.  I sure  would like an update.

Does Version read the boards?

0 Likes
moleer

Verizon has a lot in common with big banks.  They think it is too difficult for you to change service providers after they get you sucked in and warm and fuzzy.  Anyway, I used my sprint internet to contact verizon chatroom, where Rahul disconnected me.  There has to be a way to prorate bill based on amount of time service is available.  I think I deserve at least a couple of months of free service since I've paid for all the time I had no service. 

Verizon, please check the blogs and let us know status of widespread outages.  No service in my Baltimore house since yesterday evening.  Green DSL light, green data transfer light, "no internet."  Please let me know when it's time to check out satellite internet provider that keeps leaving junk mail at my house.  I love bundling, but I hate paying for services that aren't available.  Since the mobile phone is out of the bundle already, I'm willing to tear the house apart.

0 Likes
AltimateJP

The Verizon tech support automated message states they are having problems in Glen Burnie and Baltimore. My DSL has been down for a little over 24 hours now in northern Baltimore City.

0 Likes