Iphone 4 Wireless LAN connection
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I have an Iphone 4 and the Actiontec Router.

Recently if I leave my home and then return, my Iphone will connect to the wireless but I am unable to get email or do anything that uses the Internet via the wireless.  I have installed a Ping application on my iphone and when I ping the default gateway (192.168.1.1) it times out.  When I turn off wireless and then re-enable it works fine.  

Additionally if I don't use my phone for sometime it will do the same thing, I cannot get my email unless I disable and re-enable wireless.  Anyone experience this problem or know of a work around?

I am using WPA2 AES, 802.11G only and automatic channel selection.  I don't have any problems with laptops connected via wireless.  I have also tried used Static IP addressing but that didn't do anything either.

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 Wireless LAN connection
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sound like your Iphone still has an IP address from the 3g network.  When you say it connects to the wireless does it actually show your device having an ip address on the 192.168.1 network with dns server addresses pointing to 192.168.1.1  ??

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 Wireless LAN connection
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

yes.  It get 192.168.1.5 for example and then DG and DNS of 192.168.1.1

My ping program shows me the IP address of 3G and wireless LAN.

Even if I ping 4.2.2.1 it will time out.  If I disable wireless and ping 4.2.2.1 it works.  Everything begins to work. Then if I re-enable wireless I can then ping my DG and 4.2.2.1 and get email, etc.

Just seems to happen mostly when I leave for a while then return home.

0 Likes