Is it possible to get higher dsl speeds at my home?
Bryce1997bryan

All my neighbors get 7.1-15 down but im stuck at 3.1-7. I just had a tech come out and remove bridge taps from line causing issues and he tested the line and was getting over 8-10. But im still getting 5 down. As i states before my neighbors to the left and right of me all get over 10 down. Is there any why i can get higher speeds? When i call verizon they say there is nothing a i can do and tech support doesnt know what im talking about

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to get higher dsl speeds at my home?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

How long has it been since the technician stopped by? Also, which modem do you have?

Verizon uses a tool called ASSIA which should automatically adjust your connection speed up or down according to your package, based on line conditions. If you're at 5Mbps now, the line should increase on it's own within a few days given sufficient margin. If your address is qualified for no more than 5Mbps, you might not see this happen, and someone from Billing or Engineering will need to push the higher provisioning rate through. Again, given your line has enough margin to support the higher speed.

0 Likes
Bryce1997bryan

Im supposed to get 3.1-7 thats my package but all my nieghbors around in the row houses get 7.1-15. When the tech came to fix my internet as it was down for 2 weeks. He tested the line and he was pulling 8-10 megs on average. He told him it would coat more to upgrade speed? How would i get my line reprovisoned? When i call nonody seems to know what im talkig about when it comes to line provisioning. I just installed nee cat 5 cable in my house as i was told my inside wiring was bad. 

0 Likes
Bryce1997bryan

My modem is the actiontec and the tech was here on the 24th 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For getting the Transceiver Statistics from the ActionTec, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and use admin/admin or admin/password (typically the default) to log into the Gateway. Then click Status > WAN (or DSL).  You'll see terms like Attenuation, SN Margin, Margin, Speed, and Error counts on the modem.

Please provide this information. It will tell us all we need to know in regards to whether or not you can get higher speeds.

Cost wise, it may only cost more if you're on a very old ADSL plan. For example, back when "3Mbps" and "7Mbps" were separate packages, with 3Mbps costing $30/m and 7Mbps costing $35/m. If you're on "HSI Enhanced" which retails for $45/m now, that gives you whatever Verizon can/feels like delivering from 1.1Mbps to 15Mbps.

0 Likes