Is there a forum thread for Macs only?
SouthShore
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would be nice to have a Mac help forum topic.

Also, when I first tried to set up my parents computer with Verizon DSL, I found ALL the instructions to be wrong on the website from the creation of email names to the Mail.app config, there were so many errors it was breathtaking.

It took me three weeks to convince them that their website did not work properly. For example if you tried to set up a real name to use with your gibberish name that is the 'code' for your address, it would not work in certain circumstances. Neither would aliases since if you could use that for an email, it would be just like a POP account so of course it's not going to work.

I'm a tech so I knew I was correct.

Anyway, this forum should be set up better with categories for the different operating systems for a start.

0 Likes
Re: Is there a forum thread for Macs only?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@SouthShore wrote:

It would be nice to have a Mac help forum topic.

Also, when I first tried to set up my parents computer with Verizon DSL, I found ALL the instructions to be wrong on the website from the creation of email names to the Mail.app config, there were so many errors it was breathtaking.

It took me three weeks to convince them that their website did not work properly. For example if you tried to set up a real name to use with your gibberish name that is the 'code' for your address, it would not work in certain circumstances. Neither would aliases since if you could use that for an email, it would be just like a POP account so of course it's not going to work.

I'm a tech so I knew I was correct.

Anyway, this forum should be set up better with categories for the different operating systems for a start.

What certain circumstances? What about an alias "wouldn't work" exactly? I'm confused.

If you want to make suggestions for the boards, you should post in the Suggestions for This Community section.