Is there someone to talk to about REQUESTING FiOs Service in my area?
awd1

Hi, I'm a former AT&T internet user

When I moved, I was excited about actually getting rid of AT&T as they were giving me TERRIBLE internet speed for an overblown price. I was looking up Verizon and was excited that I could get a FiOs internet, FINALLY. It even said that it was available in my area.

I move in... Three days I realize the service I received was NOT Fios, it was "High Speed DSL" and I come to find that it's EVEN WORSE than my AT&T service...

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I am tired of this, I have to spend my days sending and receiving large video files for my line of work, and I'm FORCED to take long periods of time to wait for things to finish before I can do anything else. And even then, my girlfriend who lives with me has to wait as well in order to make transfers for her line of work with the wifi.

WHAT MAKES IT WORSE! When my computer is idle, IT WILL HALT THE UPLOAD OR DOWNLOAD PROCESS!!!!!! This is something brand new that came to my attention and I don't know how to fix the problem because it happened as soon as I got Verizon.

THERE HAS TO BE SOME SORT OF REQUEST EMAIL OR LINE I can contact in order to speed up the process of getting FiOs in my house. The whole "we'll contact you when it's available" could take months to YEARS and we will still get no results.

I will go to the Verizon office myself to talk to someone about it to see if I can get any results to this problem, I am tired of the crap internet service I'm getting.

Otherwise, if I have to, I will immediately cancel my service and resort to getting Warner Cable instead. I am sick and tired of waiting and I'm not about to have my line of business ruined because Verizon continues to advertise something they can not provide.

From a hopefully-not-also-FORMER Verizon user

0 Likes
Re: Is there someone to talk to about REQUESTING FiOs Service in my area?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

To verify, what equipment were you given and what does your bill say your service is? Verizon does have FiOS in a DSL flavor that runs much faster than their "High Speed Internet" ADSL flavor but that is only found in apartment complexes where Verizon couldn't get permission to run fiber to each unit. 

Also, what sort of result do you get from a Speed test? The drop-out issues could be related to something else once we find out what exactly your service is.

0 Likes
JoeBoo24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there someone to talk to about REQUESTING FiOs Service in my area?

Answer:   No!!!!  . Save your breath. If its not in your area it probably wont be. It might go into "green field area"  only. That means new community where there is no services at all and  Veizon will PROBABLY put in fiber

Good Luck

0 Likes
RafaelDB
Enthusiast - Level 2

dude, do some research first,

verizon is not all the bell and whistle they paint it to be

let somebody else install

be the last one to install in your area after using your area as lab rat, decide if it worthy

I was the first to get the service around my area and was amazing, as soon as people started to get the service around m. from download speed of 48 megabit down to 0.71 megabit, and has been like that for a whole month.

I already got my Cable company internet back no issue here now thanks god.  Now i can telecomute to work, they supposed still have a network outage been like that for almost 2 month,  I took verizon to small claim court.

0 Likes
awd1

I was given the equipment Verizon gave me. A DSL modem. What else do I need? I've certianly had modems in the past provided by other services, but they would at least offer what they promised... which is what... 3-5Mbps? Let me check again...

Yes, it was "High Speed Internet" in which I was neglected to be mentioned about when I ordered...

-I checked my speed test, my download speed is 1.95 Mbps, my upload is not even .07 THIS IS EVEN AFTER restarting the modem, you know, turning it off, waiting 1 minute, then plugging it back in.

-The modem is EXTREMELY hot and it isn't even near any other equipment.

-I can't even go to TWO pages at a time when they load. Multitasking is near impossible, even when I had AT&T's service at the same speed, it would allow me to go to another page while another loaded or downloaded something. WEBSITES that don't even require even a LITTLE bit amount of bandwidth.

To further insult, I am getting emails and phone calls from Verizon telling me that my "internet connection speed" is up to code, which is complete and utter **bleep** to put it in short terms. It is a CHORE to go to this website alone to respond.

I'm fully aware NOW that FiOs is out of the question and requests are impossible.

Seriously... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THE SEVICE I REQUESTED?

0 Likes
awd1

I had already THOUGHT I was doing my research. What am I supposed to do, knock on everyone's door and ask them how their service is?

I went online weeks in advance before my move to see if this would work, THE WEBSITE LIED TO ME. Despite saying the area held FiOs, I had no indication that there was none until, surprise surprise, I called after I had ordered the service.

Thank you though, you're helping me understand that even the Verizon community is fully against it's service. Point one for getting Warner Cable.

0 Likes
watice
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you sure you correctly read what you were buying? Do you have your sign up letter, or any of the numerous emails sent to you indicating your installation & what kind of service you were getting? When I signed up, I got at least 3 emails telling me exactly what I was getting, what I'd be billed for, and when the tech would come out. 

0 Likes