Issue Logging Into Router - Resetting Not Helping
jonesej
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I recently tried logging into my Verizon Actiontec MI424WR router and used the standard username and password supplied by the Verizon website, admin and the serial number. That didn't work so I tried admin and password. Also didn't work. I tried varying alterations involving adding 1 to the end, lowercase and uppercase, etc till I got locked out. So I reset my router and tried again with the default password and username. Still couldn't log in. I tried again until once again I was logged out. I ended up resetting my router three times and each time nothing changed, I couldn't log in with the default password and username. Can anyone help me to understand what I'm doing wrong and how to log into my router?

I always used the username admin, some of the variations of password I've used include:

password

password1

password*

PASSWORD

My serial number in caps lock.

My serial number in lowercase

Thank you in advance anyone who can help me with this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue Logging Into Router - Resetting Not Helping
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, which exact router do you have?

The one with the red band and dual antenna's doesn't use those default passwords, they actually come shipped with a password and it's labeled as passord on the sticker.

the older units with a single antenna, use the Serial number of the router, found under the UPC bar code, and those are case sensitive.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, which exact router do you have?

The one with the red band and dual antenna's doesn't use those default passwords, they actually come shipped with a password and it's labeled as passord on the sticker.

the older units with a single antenna, use the Serial number of the router, found under the UPC bar code, and those are case sensitive.

jonesej
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was it! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
ConfusedinNJ3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your advise!  I was going crazy following the 'directions' on the Verizon website. Kind of embarrassing that I didn't check the actual router.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes