Just got a damage claim from CMR for "Drop Wire"
May1123

Two months ago, while my father was digging holes for a deck, he cut the cable accidentally with a shovel. I called Verizon immediately for repair, and they came right a way and gave us a temporary cable. Now we got this invoice, saying that we owe them $227.11. 

I searched all issues regarding Drop Wire, and think we are not supposed to pay for this cost because as in many other cases, the cable buried in my yard was only 2-3 inches under ground. We have all utility cables buried in the same area that we were digging, but Verizon cable was the only one that broke. The depth is ridiculous.

Any one got an idea about how to solve this issues??? THX

0 Likes
Re: Just got a damage claim from CMR for "Drop Wire"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi May1123,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes