Just ordered FIOS last week, equipment shipped, no tracking number?
cguerriero

Hi all,

I ordered a FIOS self install kit last week, and got the notification that it has been shipped, but there was no tracking number present in the E-Mail. Even online support couldn't give me a tracking number. Is this normal?

Reason I ask is because I'm in the process of moving into a new place, and I'd like to make sure someone is there to take the equipment inside when it is due to arrive. 

For what it's worth, billing is due to start on Aug. 2nd.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: Just ordered FIOS last week, equipment shipped, no tracking number?
jonjones1
Legend

They normally ship out UPS however I am not positive it would not be without Verizon knowing the tracking number. Otherwise how would they know if you received it, let alone start your billing/activation date.

i would insure Verizon not bill you for services based on non receipt of router.

i will assume it is internet only? Since if it was tv and internet you would need the set top boxes as well.

call them again. 

0 Likes
cguerriero

Thanks for the reply. This is just for Internet. I will check and call today.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you purchase the router?

For Internet only, you can use any router you wish.

Just ensure that ONT is configured for ethernet not coax (not an issue if Internet speed is > 100M)

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@cguerriero wrote:

Thanks for the reply. This is just for Internet. I will check and call today.

Hopefully Verizon can find what they claim they sent. You should not have to use your own store bought router because Verizon did not ship what they should have. Do not let your start date start until you are online

0 Likes