Just received self-installation kit, but I can't get on the internet
rosskruger12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I received my self-installation kit and followed all of the instructions (including going to my neighbor's house to go through the account set-up process.  My kit had the Actiontec Router.  The router is plugged in and working, but the internet light is not on. 

When I first ordered the service, I set up a date for someone to come by for this Friday, however I have to delay this until Monday at the earliest.  Is this visit necessary to get my internet working?   I don't have a landline set up, but was told by the CSR that this was not necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Just received self-installation kit, but I can't get on the internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the DSL light flashing or is it solid? That's the ultimate question here. In most areas, if the DSL light is solid and the service ready date has passed, you should see the Internet light come on indicating a full connection to Verizon without even setting up the service/account.

0 Likes
rosskruger12
Enthusiast - Level 1

It flickers

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Flashing/Flickering usually indicates no sync. That would require a tech visit to solve in some cases, so until the scheduled date I guess it's a matter of waiting.

0 Likes
unhappier1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar problem and when I contacted tech support they told me it would be 24-48 hours to establish the connection.

If a tech needs to come out, it will probably take longer.

This was the worst "upgrade" experience that I have ever had.

0 Likes