Just replaced purchased Fios Router, do I need to return old router?
Rhoadan

I just replaced my Quantum  Fios router. I had opted to purchase the original router rather than renting it. Do I still need to return it now that I've installed the replacement router? I do have a return label for it.

0 Likes
Re: Just replaced purchased Fios Router, do I need to return old router?
jonjones1
Legend

@Rhoadan wrote:

I just replaced my Quantum  Fios router. I had opted to purchase the original router rather than renting it. Do I still need to return it now that I've installed the replacement router? I do have a return label for it.

If you didn’t purchase it the first time then you don’t own it. If you bought it then don’t return it.

if you have a return label then Verizon wants it back. If it belongs to them. However

you should return it in person at a Fios store location since many people claim that Verizon states they never received it back and then bill them hundreds of dollars for it.

get a receipt on the spot. You will be glad you did. If you bought it then the replacement under warranty would mean a return of the old one. 

0 Likes
Re: Just replaced purchased Fios Router, do I need to return old router?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they didn't ask for it back JUST HOLD ON TO IT.  When you end your service, they may ask for it back.  However as time goes by it may reach a time that they don't want it back.  These days they don't want a lot of the older models back.

Not every area has a store that you can return them at.  But if you do return it make sure to get a receipt.  If you send it back with their Authorized Return label, make sure to get a receipt from UPS.

0 Likes