Lack Luster DSL
PLB3

Why does my area of Southern NJ have such poor DSL service?  My equipment is in great working order and we keep having signal drops.  My service has been unavailable for about 5 days so far with no explanation.  Since the non-English speaking customer service agents in India (assumed by accent) keep telling me it is my equipment, I assure you it is not, I am seriously considering switching my ISP to another company once my contract runs out, if not sooner.  If anyone at Verizon can shed some light on this matter please do so or you will lose yet another customer.  Thank you for taking the time to read this rant and I await a reply.

0 Likes
Re: Lack Luster DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

By "signal drop" I assume you're losing the DSL signal, such as the DSL light is flashing or the Internet light is going out?  Or would this be anything connected to the Wireless if you have a Wireless gateway or router?

0 Likes
PLB3

Yes I am referring to the DSL connection to my modem.  I do not have any issues with my wireless connections and with my fingers crossed I hope that continues. 

0 Likes
luvboxerdog2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Curious as to where at in Jersey are you?  I am in Gloucester Twp, Blackwood NJ area.  Have problems with losing connectivity with DSL service.  Can't get any internet connection period.

First had issue with NetGear modem/router and intermittent service for 1 year and thought it died, then went back to the original verizon dsl model Westell 6100G, it worked for 1 day and lost service for 12 hours, but all green lights were lit.  Wondering if the problem is Verizon?  I was going to buy a new modem/router, now I don't know what to do?  Is it my equipment or just a issue with DSL period in the area?  I don' t want to call, cause I know I won't get anywhere.  I want to buy a new router, cause I can't use my wireless devices with a dsl modem.  

0 Likes