Last time my internet was this slow, i had 250 Free hours of AOL
Scoregon

This is a constant problem with my verizon internet, 126KBps is actually really good compared to the 2 and 3 i have gotten before. AND,  When i say constant, i mean i have a folder on my desktop dedicated to these screen shots. I've called Verizon Support several times, by "several" i mean at least 7; to which i get no help, just the standard "please reset the modem, are you using a hard line, i ran a line test and i dont see any problems sir". When i ask to be transferred to an American Support Provider, i ALWAYS get the same message that says "sorry, this verizon location is currently closed. call back during normal business hours" in a weird british accent, and they never EVER actually give me the "business hours" to call back during, even when i ask the operator i have been returned to.  I have already been sent a new modem, and it didnt help, its the same problem as before.  My internet randomly slows to speeds that i havent seen since 250 free hours of AOL CD's were being passed out like halloween candy.  

So, here are the actualy questions i would like answered:

1) Who can i speak with to fix this? By "fix", i mean solve permanently.  Dont tell me what my current speed is, tell me how to prevent 54KBps speeds, PERMANENTLY.

2)How can you charge money for a service that you're not actually providing? I pay for the terrible 1-3 MBps and i get no MBps, i get KBps.  

3) Can someone, anyone, please explain to me at what point internet that slow would be even be considered remotely acceptable? And why Verizon doesnt seem to care if it's customer switch to another provider? I came for TWC, i have no problems going back. TWC's 15MBps may only average 7MBps, but it beats the crap outta 126KBps.

0 Likes
Re: Last time my internet was this slow, i had 250 Free hours of AOL
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Scoregon,

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes