Lie: Setup Fee Waived
gpvonloh

I was referred to Verizon from Dominion Electricity after I setup my apartment for electricty. Upon setting up my Fios account, I was promised that the setup fee would be waived. I recieved my first bill and was charged 1 of 2 installments on the setup fee. I called Verizon to verify that the setup fee would be waived. At the end of the discussion, the representative told me he would place a ticket to have my fee waived. It will still show on my bill, but it's okay if I don't pay it because it takes another billing cycle for the bill to update and remove the fee. It has been a couple months now, and I still have 2 installments of the setup fee appearing on my bill. I called today to follow up, under the assumption that it was waived, only to discover that I was lied to. The ticket placed by the previous representative lacked documentation and there was also no documentation made by the representative that signed me up. This is extremely unprofessional to lead customers on thinking they have a fee waived when in actuality, I'm carrying over a balance on my bill.

0 Likes
Re: Lie: Setup Fee Waived
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gpvonloh,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes