Links that don't work in the VISS program, Constant prompts that regularly pop up
foojical

Dear Verizon Internet Security:
   I am getting a prompt which keeps alerting me about Skype.  It wants me to choose one of the three indicated options:

Allow always, Allow once, or Block. It references a file on my hard drive: C:\program files (x86)\skype\phone\skype.exe

It tells me that Hackers can use programs to steal my personal information or hijack my pc.

I am sure you have heard of this program. When this prompt occurs, am I to think someone is trying to contact me that is not on my list of allowed contact persons? I already have a list of names that are being blocked which I didn’t create.

I don’t want to be constantly interrupted from doing my work and having this prompt pop up if it is unnecessary.

When I clicked on the link from VIS which reads: “Tell McAfee about this program” it gave me the prompt “Service Unavailable”. Please advise me which option to choose. If I choose block, will this block any incoming messages from Skype.

I installed McAfee Virtual Technician and am running it. It tells me that Virtual Technician is initializing and has been running this prompt for at least 30 minutes. I can’t believe your program takes that long to initialize. Something must be wrong with this program. Please check your links to this product to be sure what you are offering actually does work. In addition, I see no button to close or turn off this feature. I am quickly getting disenchanted with this software (McAfee).

I don’t know what to do about this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Links that don't work in the VISS program, Constant prompts that regularly pop up
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is what I recommend that you do.

#1 Download a different Anti-Virus program.

#2 Unistall VISS.

#3 Install that differenent anti-virus progam that you downloaded.

#4 Either:

a) Enable the software firewall built into your OS (if it has one - XP, Vista, 7, Mac).

b) Or download and install a software firewall.

^^^^

Re: Links that don't work in the VISS program, Constant prompts that regularly pop up
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@foojical wrote:

Dear Verizon Internet Security:
   I am getting a prompt which keeps alerting me about Skype.  It wants me to choose one of the three indicated options:

Allow always, Allow once, or Block. It references a file on my hard drive: C:\program files (x86)\skype\phone\skype.exe

It tells me that Hackers can use programs to steal my personal information or hijack my pc.

I am sure you have heard of this program. When this prompt occurs, am I to think someone is trying to contact me that is not on my list of allowed contact persons? I already have a list of names that are being blocked which I didn’t create.

I don’t want to be constantly interrupted from doing my work and having this prompt pop up if it is unnecessary.

When I clicked on the link from VIS which reads: “Tell McAfee about this program” it gave me the prompt “Service Unavailable”. Please advise me which option to choose. If I choose block, will this block any incoming messages from Skype.

I installed McAfee Virtual Technician and am running it. It tells me that Virtual Technician is initializing and has been running this prompt for at least 30 minutes. I can’t believe your program takes that long to initialize. Something must be wrong with this program. Please check your links to this product to be sure what you are offering actually does work. In addition, I see no button to close or turn off this feature. I am quickly getting disenchanted with this software (McAfee).

I don’t know what to do about this.

1. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

2. I second dslr595148's suggestion to use another security program. VISS really isn't worth the money you pay for it.

3. If you want to continue using VISS, thell it to always allow Skype. If you installed the software intentionally, and directly from a legitimate source, it shouldn't cause any problems. 

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the OP does not want to do what I am suggesting. I second somegirl's #1 and #3 suggestion(s). 😉

0 Likes