Losing Internet Multiple Times a Day
HSW10

2-3 times a day, I am losing connection to the Internet.  It started happening just before Christmas.  Tech support suggested my router was very old, so they gave me a G3100.  Nothing has changed.  It happens every night between 10-11:30 and in the past few days between 6-7AM.  At least once a day during the work day (my wife and I both work from home) it happens as well.

I have tried changing configurations , I’ve called into tech support where I had a rep tell me that they changed my IP and “boosted my line” so it will never happen again.  It happens with the FIOS router, it happens if I remove it and put on a different router.

I am at wits end.

0 Likes
Re: Losing Internet Multiple Times a Day
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While we get that you have FIOS, do you also have FIOS TV with a FIOS one box?

#2 What is the brand and model of your ONT?

#3 Does this happen only with computers that are connected by wireless or does it also happen to computers that are connected by wire?

[EDIT] I suspect the answer to question three is only computers connected by wireless. Only if that is correct, someone else has/had the same issue and posted over at https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33151281-Router-Frequent-internet-drops-3-4-times-a-day

showing the logs from their unit.

Re: Losing Internet Multiple Times a Day
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HSW10,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes