Losing connection when Laptop and desktop are trying to get on the internet
Chijas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Several times a day I am getting disconnected from the internet 

I have a Westell  Model 327w

My husband tries to connect on his laptop 

I try and connect on my laptop 

not able to get on or ... The light on modem will turn red .. Nobody is able to get on .. This is constant all day

or I am on my laptop and desktop ... connection will work for a while then we will get disconnected  .. light is red on modem 

at first I thought maybe because it was raining outside .. but no this happens all the time 

and now of course the connection is working fine 

I have Windows xp on desk top 

Windows 7 on laptop 

not sure what the problem is .. has anyone else had this pbm ... most of the time this happens when multiple devices are trying to connect 

Re: Losing connection when Laptop and desktop are trying to get on the internet
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Did the problem start occurring after any particular weather event?

#2 What light turned/turns red?

#3 Do you have Voice service, and if so, do you have noise or static on the line while in a call that was never there before?

#4 Lastly, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and visit the System Status section of the ActionTec. Provide the Transceiver Statistics it shows.

If you need a login, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

0 Likes
wstetter

Hi, I'm also having this problem. I have the Westell 327W modem.

In my situation the problem is between a Windows XP desktop (ethernet connected) and Windows 7 desktop that is connecting wirelessly. 

This issue has just recently started to happen and only is a problem on the Windows 7 wireless pc.

The ethernet connect pc doesn't have the problem..

We reset the modem and reconnect on the Windows 7 pc and then it works.

0 Likes
StopGap007

Started having this issue since Tuesday, 7/12/11 (still have as of today, Friday 7/15/11). I have a Westell 7500, with Windows XP on desktop (host) a PC laptop, and a Mac laptop. The support persons keep saying that they will run line tests within 24-48 hours.. One hand says line is fine and the other says problem. We only recently switched to Verizon DSL from the old AOL/Verizon collaboration about 15+ years ago. As you say the system works for a while and then stops. I am waiting on the final solution. We have been told that we can't have more than three connections at the same time. I made it a point to call the Tech line each time because we just started this service last month.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@StopGap007 wrote:

We have been told that we can't have more than three connections at the same time.

Since you said that.

I wonder if the issue is because of the size of the NAT table.

While I know you are not on FIOS, I point you to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes