MI424WR login issues
river2guy

Having issues logining to my router (MI424WR). After having issues with my internet service, I was directed to resent the router. On the Verizon webpage and on the router itself is written the username and login. I have copied and pasted from the webpage and have typed them in myself. Still I am unable to login. It continues to tell me the login has failed. Any suggestions as to what I might be missing?

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR login issues
jonjones1
Legend

@river2guy wrote:

Having issues logining to my router (MI424WR). After having issues with my internet service, I was directed to resent the router. On the Verizon webpage and on the router itself is written the username and login. I have copied and pasted from the webpage and have typed them in myself. Still I am unable to login. It continues to tell me the login has failed. Any suggestions as to what I might be missing?

You are talking about WiFi ?

there are two types of logins. First is to the router itself and the password.

the second is for WiFi it gives the name of your SSID and a password. The password must be exact. Uppercase and lowercase and symbols etc. no spaces. Then login.

0 Likes
river2guy

Sorry, the router. I have tried admin & password. As well as the login and password on the side of the router. Nothing works??

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It possible someone has changed the password?

Other option would be to factory reset router.

that would make sure it defaults to the passwords listed on your sticker.

0 Likes
river2guy

As I mentioned, previously,  because of other issues, Verizon tech, asked for me to reset the router to the factory default. Plus, I have tried to login with the default login found on the router. First by copying and pasting then, by typing in the information myself. It didn't work. Am I missing something? So far no one has suggested a solution.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@river2guy wrote:

Sorry, the router. I have tried admin & password. As well as the login and password on the side of the router. Nothing works??

That is incorrect. Admin + Password is to access the router.

on that sticker it will show the SSID name (network) to connect to on WiFi.

and the password is a set of letters and numbers to access the WiFi on your router.

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide1409251.pdf

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Op is trying to log in to router. Not connect WiFi.

What model router donmyou have including rev?

There were different default passwords depending on model if memory serves.

If you can't log in, what support say?

Try twitter @verizonsupport to help avoid long wait times.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Op is trying to log in to router. Not connect WiFi.

What model router donmyou have including rev?

There were different default passwords depending on model if memory serves.

If you can't log in, what support say?

@Try twitter @verizonsupport to help avoid long wait times.

Go back and read my first line again. I give BOTH 

0 Likes