MiFi 2200 keeps getting disconnected. Verizon rep says I'm out of luck unless I upgrade
thesnowgod

I've had my MiFi 2200 wireless card for many years.  Recently, it's been disconnecting itself from the internet about every 45-60 minutes, like clockwork.  I can reconnect but anything I was working on is lost and I have to start my downloads/uploads all over again.

I called in to Verizon Support about an hour ago and was told nicely but bluntly that Verizon is basically doing this to all unlimited 3G users like myself with "higher than average" internet usage.  Right now I'm at about 9 gigs for the month.  He claims this started on my personal plan in particular back in July.  Somehow he can see that this annoyance was added on by Verizon, lucky me.

When asked how I can get this issue fixed, I was told it wasn't possible.....unless I upgraded.  The "upgrade" to 4G will give me faster internet (they say) and I'd no longer get disconnected every hour (they say).  Though I'd pay more (of course) and no longer have unlimited internet (ditto).

I was polite and so was the operator but I let him know I was very irritated.  He placed me on hold and said he'd talk to someone about a plan most people don't get offerred (huh??) that would allow me 4G access and 20 gigs per month of data for the same price I'm paying now and no more disconnects.

I say OK, sign me up.  He puts me on hold again and when he comes back he says he was told they won't offer me that option.

So to summerize:  I've been a Verizon customer for 15 years or more.  I currently have 3 phones and an wireless card through them but until I "upgrade" (the quotes indicate my sarcasm) to 4G, I'm basically going to have to continue to pay for internet usage that comes in one hour chunks.

Does this sound acceptable to anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2200 keeps getting disconnected. Verizon rep says I'm out of luck unless I upgrade
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the
Verizon Wireless community.

0 Likes