Misinformation from Verizon
misinformation
Disappointed with Verizon Fios. I was interested in cancelling service and reached out to their support team to understand what types of charges I would receive. I was told that I could cancel and my final bill would be prorated based on the number of days I used service. I then based spending decisions this past weekend on that information from the Verizon support team. I just went to go and cancel the service and was told sorry - it isnt prorated. I pointed to the conversation I had with the Verizon chat support team, and I also pointed to the following website and was told - no this is just general information and doesnt apply to me even though the online support team specifically looked up my account.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Misinformation from Verizon
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Grandmother who recently moved to a community that doesn't have FiOS paid her last bill in full and received the prorated credit in the mail at her new address. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some services are billed in advance.

According to your website, those would be pro-rated.

Any ETF remaining would be prorated.

But according to TOS, TV and Internet and not prorated on final bill.

0 Likes
misinformation

Thanks. I had an online chat with customer service where they looked up my account and confirmed that I my services would be prorated. Given the chat I had plus what is on their website shouldn’t that be taken into consideration and not just the contract? 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would think.

But unfortunately, most companies will go back to what their contract says regardless of what their employees may say or promise.

waterbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon agents are liar over chat or over the phone. you need to get everything out in writing. either email or mail so next time you can show the FCC and  PSC their horrible business practices 

0 Likes