Modem/Router Reset Multiple TImes Per Day
shanekeller

I see that this is a common theme on these forums, so I feel better knowing it isn't an isoloated issue for me; however, having to constantly reset my modem/router in order to utilize my DSL service is an unreasonable expectation, and I expect some sort of resolution to my issue. Please advise as to next steps available to me to resolve this issue. D-Link 2750B Wireless router/modem, direct wired to PC, with tablet connectng wirelessly. No exaggeration, I have to reset up to 7 times per day on order to connect.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Modem/Router Reset Multiple TImes Per Day
user364
Enthusiast - Level 1

After more than a year of dealing with this problem I spoke to an agent in INDIA, Hari, who solved my problem in a 15 minute phone conversation.

The issue was that the upload speed in my modem was set too high.  I have an Actiontec 984 WMV.  He sent me to the status page to read him the download and upload speeds.  The upload speed was 1.125 mps.  The told me the highest speed my line was able to handle was 1.124. 

Of course this sounded nutty to me, but I followed his instructions, turning the modem off for a few minutes.  He made two tries, and afterward, the new upload speed he set in the modem was 1.107 mps.  I am happy to report that instead of resetting from 7 to 10 times in the intervening 20 hours, MY SYSTEM HAS BEEN ENTIRELY STABLE WITH HIGH SPEED AND NO RESETS.

Many earlier phone contacts had resulted in about 5 new modems, none of which ever had fixed the problem.  They tried to charge me for a few of them.  Overall the lack of expertise in the Verizon support network is rather appalling, but this hint might help some of you find an answer for this problem.

View solution in original post

shanekeller

Does anyone know how I can get my issue escalated? Calling customer service is of no use - they ask me to reset my modem...Seriously? Like having to reset it 7 to 10 times a day doesn't indicate that an issue exists? What must I do to get resolution to my issue? Anyone ever get a resolution for this issue that can be shared in the forum? I've tride looking for answers here, but quickly drown in the number of different posts/issues I encounter here. Help!!

0 Likes
hoffdinah

I am having the same issues.  For example, when I hit reply to respond to this, I waited 42 seconds for it to get to this page.  My internet keeps dropping and coming back on and dropping again.  You can tell when playing a game or something and it will freeze right in the middle.  I have been calling since Monday, they sent me a new modem and I am still having the problem.

Right now I am looking in to getting another provider because I am so sick of spending hours talking to some person who I can't eve understand and all they are doing is reading off of some cards.

I know how to reboot and they seem to think that this is the answer....it IS NOT! 

Sorry I am not yelling at you just venting and letting you know that you are not alone.  I was to have a tech person call me back today by 3PM and it is now 6!

0 Likes
jojen
Enthusiast - Level 1

i feel that the best thing to do with these routers is change internet providers

0 Likes
jojen
Enthusiast - Level 1

you are lucky you can talk to somebody all i get is zombi on a machine

0 Likes
shanekeller

Interesting...I see complaint after complaint about this very issue, as well as complaints about the customer service experience. I have yet to hear from a verizon representative about my issue. I see where others have beeen contacted on this forum and had their issue escalated; however, I have not had an escalation of my issue. Do I need to threaten to complain to the better business bureau or launch a social media complaint campaign in order to receive an escalation?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shanekeller,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. Have you contacted Verizon support directly about your issue? 

0 Likes
shanekeller

Of course. I am told to reset the router/modem...

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While we (the helpers) know what your current DSL modem is:

Do you have another (spare) DSL modem that is not in use, that is not another D-Link 2750B modem?

#2 If not, did you consider getting another DSL modem that works with Verizon DSL?

For example I went to Wal-Mart and I got the Actiontec GT784WNV.

0 Likes
shanekeller

Hmmm... thanks dslr595148. I have not tried utilizing a different modem. Are all DSL modems compatiable? Would I need to do anything special other than plug it in? I'm by no means a networking guru - just trying to get things working without issues. I appreciate your response!

0 Likes