Moving just before 12 months
PanosC

Hello,

Currently I have Fios Internet only 50/50. I am on a budget and want to keep my cost as low as possible.

I signed up on Fios around mid-September 2017. The monthly price is $39.99/mo but I think after 12 months it goes up by $15.

I am now moving in late August nearby. Fortunately Fios is again available there. I also see that Verizon now offers 100/100 at the same price for 12 months. I'm thinking that I can either

a) Move my service as it is to the new apartment, or

b) Discontinue my current service on my move out-date and set up a new 100/100 service on my new home.

Will the 12-month timer "reset" to keep the special price in any of the above cases?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Moving just before 12 months
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you do a move order then it will be the same. But if you disconnect then reconnect when you move you will be like a new customer. The only problem is if you disconnect on day a. The call to reconnect on day b when you move you might not be able to get install for a few days. Are you moving with anyone? If so put the new order in their name. 

0 Likes
PanosC

I'm not moving with anyone, its just me. So you say that if I cancel 1 day before my move and activate the new service next day, the 12 months will reset?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Definitely. You can call in advance and tell them to disconnect the day before you move. Then when you move to your new place just call up again or go online and set up a new install. The only issue is setting up and install on the day you move the might not be able to schedule a tech for a couple days. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The other issue is you may be under contract, if that is the case you could call to terminate services but Verizon may hit you with an early termination fee. Read this forum and see that many have been hit with this etf.

now if you are moving to an area with Fios as you stated they may simply switch you over and you may be able to up services. Now if this is done on the phone or in chat you may get hit with an install fee of $99 or more. The new pricing is for new customers so they may catch that you are transferring service so it’s a risk.

the other suggestion of having service in another’s name (make sure the credit check can be done) would be easy, or you may try to get service as a new customer and see if it goes through. Do it online only. Or install fees and higher pricing may occur.

0 Likes