Moving with FIOS to FIOS-Wired home
DavidW11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong forum, but I am hopeful I might be able to get some assistance/advice as I continue to get stuck with the call center and no helpful solutions other than someone reading from a script.

I am currently a FIOS subscriber for TV (TiVo/cable card) and Internet. In a week I am moving within my apartment building to a different unit (the building is less than three years old and the current resident also has FIOS).

I am being told that a technician has to come to the home, and there is a placeholder date of Dec. 1. As of now, they can't tell me what the actual date would be, but any delay would be problematic.

I explained that I already have service and the place I am moving to has FIOS service and don't understand why they can't confirm that they can do this without a visit. I also know that a colleague recently moved into a new apartment, and Verizon was able to send him equipment that he was able to connect himself.

I don't like leaving this in the air as it is critical that I have Internet service for work. Does anyone know how I might be able to get a definitive answer from Verizon and some assurance that I will be able to get set up remotely? I know I can get Xfinity service in the home, but I don't want to go through the hassle of switching.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving with FIOS to FIOS-Wired home
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If building is only three years old they probably have a newer ONT and maybe just need to switch the ONT to ethernet. Once you move in try chatting with @VerizonSupport on Twitter and they should be able to help you. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I read on dslreports.com that Verizon techs will be going back in the house starting Monday June 1st. You might have better luck with @VerizonSupport on Twitter as they are better than most phone reps.

The previous resident might have an older ONT which is why they are saying someone needs to come out. It is also possible that the ONT was on MoCA and if you have speeds over 100 mbps you need ethernet. 

Is there any way you can get more details like what the other resident had?

DavidW11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response and the tip, which I will try. I can't get the details of what they had, but the building is less than three years old and I was among the first to move in, so presumably the equipment isn't different? (I'm on the 150/150 plan.)

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If building is only three years old they probably have a newer ONT and maybe just need to switch the ONT to ethernet. Once you move in try chatting with @VerizonSupport on Twitter and they should be able to help you.