My DSL is SLOWER than SLOW
Stondril

Hi, my name is Kevin. My father has had your services for ....well a very long time. Our internet is slow. So slow it takes me weeks to download something for one of my games where as my friend downloads the same thing in minutes usually. Im not sure why ive reset the router and modem several times my routers firewall is configured properly as is my windows and virus protections firewalls. When I do speedtest.net my download speed is below 1 mb  and my upload speed is between 0.4-0.6. Is this the connection that I am supposed to be receiving? Or is there some way I can fix my connection?

0 Likes
Re: My DSL is SLOWER than SLOW
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What package do you guys currently pay for? .4-.6Mbps sounds like you're on the basic High Speed Internet package. It also sounds like there's Juniperitus on the line which we'll also investigate. Get us the information on what package you have, and we'll proceed with figuring things out. If you can tell us what modem/router you have as well that would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Stondril

Not sure exactly what you need from me but heres a few things let me know if you need something else.

Router: Etherfast Cable/DSL Router
Model BEFSR41

Modem: Verizon Modem

Model 6110F

Not sure of what package it is yet will get back to you on it later in the day.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stondril wrote:

Not sure exactly what you need from me but heres a few things let me know if you need something else.

Router: Etherfast Cable/DSL Router
Model BEFSR41

Modem: Verizon Modem

Model 6110F

Not sure of what package it is yet will get back to you on it later in the day.

That's fine.

Ah, a Westell 6110F. In order to get the Transceiver statistics from that modem you will need to use the utility linked in this page: http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/16899 . In order to use the tool, you must disconnect the router from the modem temporarily and wire your PC into the modem, disabling any firewalls on the system temporarily for the tool to work. If you have too much difficulty getting the Transceiver Statistics from the modem, I'll have someone pull them from the DSLAM for you.

Otherwise, certainly get the package information. In addition, run a traceroute from this site and copy/paste the results: http://lg.dreamhost.com/

0 Likes