My Experience
UnderwhelmedVZ

To whom it may Concern:

On August 15, 2011 I placed a bundle package order for Verizon High Speed Internet and Direct TV. Direct TV came to my home three days later (8/18/11) and successfully installed their service. Verizon High Speed Internet was not installed in my home until this past Saturday, which was September 10, 2011, nearly 1 month after placing the order.

I completely understand delay in service due to the Verizon strike and Hurricane Irene. However, for the past month I have experienced, without exaggeration, the worst customer service from any company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

I was mailed a self installation kit, which arrived on 8/18/11. The self installation did not work because the lines to my apartment had not been converted over to Verizon. My line was not touched by a Verizon technician until 9/6/2011, despite an unreasonable amount of calls to Verizon. Every time I called tech support or customer service it was at least a 20 minute commitment due to the amount of time I spent on hold and the insane amount of times I was transferred. The longest call exceeded an hour. Not one person I spoke with was able to answer my questions or provide me with accurate information.  

To make matters worse, the technician who came out to my home on September 6th converted the wrong lines and the internet still was not working. I called Verizon the next day and I was told a technician would come to my home on Thursday (9/8/2011) between the hours of 8am-12pm. I could not be home during that time because I work 8am-5pm M-F. I had a friend go to my house and wait for Verizon to come. They never showed up.

After calling Verizon again, I was told the technician would be sent to my home on Saturday (9/10/2011). I called Verizon that morning to make sure someone was on their way. Your automated customer service recording told me that the problem I was experiencing with my internet was in your system as resolved. It would not have surprised me if I had lost my mind right then and there. The problem had not been fixed at all.

After I finally got a real person to speak to, Manager David from Tech Support (who refused to give me his last name), I was informed that no one was coming out to my house that day and they would send someone out on Sunday between the hours of 8am-6pm. This would have required me to be in or around my home the entire day, which I find to be complete asinine.

Thankfully I had stored the number of one of the technicians who had called me during this ridiculous process. His name is Jim C. and he deserves a raise. I called him and expressed the problems I was having with the call center. He came to my home on Saturday and fixed the problem within 20 minutes. He requested the job be put in his schedule despite your call center’s three ring circus bull**bleep**. If it weren’t for Jim, I would no longer be a Verizon customer.

I hope I am an anomaly within Verizon customers, but I do not think I am. I am requesting a credit towards my bill for a month of service to compensate me for the inconvenience I experienced, in addition to the poor customer service. I will also be sending a letter to the Better Business Bureau.

I hope you take this complaint into consideration and you address this issue within your operations.

Sincerely,

Julia Pandolfo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Experience
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

...I hope you are planning on actually printing that out and sending it to Verizon. This is a peer-to-peer support forum, so we're just users like you.

0 Likes