My FIOS max speed are 30/5....my neighbor's are up to 1gbps symmetric
Hellooooo134927

I am in desperate need of information. I have called the Verizon Fios people since august and NO ONE can answer me why in my FIOS readily home I can only get 30/5 speeds. While all my neighbors can get the full FIOS speeds....what's up with that? Any verizon reps here that can look into this? I will start my services immediately once this gets fixed.

0 Likes
Re: My FIOS max speed are 30/5....my neighbor's are up to 1gbps symmetric
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in a building? 30/5 sounds like VDSL speeds. Do you have a modem before your router? If you have VDSL that is why you can only get 30 mbps. 

0 Likes
Hellooooo134927

The thing is though that I have a verizon fios box outside my house....it says "50 Modular BET/IND W/SPLICE CHAMB" it is marked fios all over the place. I also know for a fact that FIOS speeds are available for my next door neighbor...literally within arms reach....now the problem is when I call the verizon sales team they tell that I do have fios available at my house but only of 30/5 speeds. This is really odd...I think....I don't know what to do...they don't either...they just keep telling me those are the speeds available and there isn't much they can do......when I ask about my neighbor's speed and why I can't get them...they don't know what other excuse to tell me.....They keep saying is up to engineering and that there is nothing they can do about it......I'm really frustrated and not sure what else to do.....That's why I'm on here to see if anyone can help with this...someone that may know what is happening. 

PS I currently have comcast speed...of 150/5 inside my house....

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hellooooo134927,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes