My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections.
AirBoss1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections. (Wireless does do DHCP.) Need a replacement router.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just give Verizon a call and let them know the router has gone bad. They should have no problem sending you another router, especially if it's a Gen1 (Rev. D or older) unit which were nutorious for the failed Wired ports.

View solution in original post

Re: My MI1424WR router is no longer handing out DHCP on wired ports/connections.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just give Verizon a call and let them know the router has gone bad. They should have no problem sending you another router, especially if it's a Gen1 (Rev. D or older) unit which were nutorious for the failed Wired ports.

AirBoss1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Port link light is lit, but choice of an alternate wired port did work, so it's unclear what is driving the issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Likely the failing/dead switch port situation as seen in the past with Rev. D and older models. Some folks have found that by going to 10Mbps Half Duplex the port will start working again, granted at a lower speed, but from that point two things will either happen. 1: The switch and eventually the router will fail, or 2: It will remain broken like that and you'll just have a bad port. Glad to hear you did find another working port for the time being!

0 Likes