My download speeds and upload are TERRIBLE WANT TO CANCEL!
steve4131

So I just got Verizon DSL activated today which by the way was a huge disaster, took them 3 days to do it after my orginal actviation date..

I just tried to download a movie and it said it would take 5 hours to download so I checked my speed and WOW it's slow

These are the results!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3068876929

if u don't want to click Ill just give u the numbers.. Download speed is 0.78 mbps and upload...0.12 mbps

I'm not paying 60 bucks a month for this. NO WAY!

How much do you think Verizon will charge me to get out of this, It's insane! I can't even download anything and iTunes forget about it, 22 min for 1 song

0 Likes
Re: My download speeds and upload are TERRIBLE WANT TO CANCEL!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
steve4131

I don't get what you mean by that website you provided. What am I supposed to do?

I don't care if it shows my address or anything, I just want my download and upload speed to be good.

I showed you my speed is that what Verizons speed is supposed to be? If I knew it was so horrible I would of never got it.

here is my router info

It says D Link wireless ADSL2

I dont have a eithernet connected I use a laptop so I basically use wifi, I did connect the ethernet though to see if spped changes and it does not. It's the same either way.

Do you work for Verizon? Will I get charged if I CANCEL?  I only had service for 2 days, we download a ton of stuff on itunes and kids movies, I can't have speed like this.  When I used my mothers wifi (she lives 4 houses down from me) it would only take me 10 min to download a movie now with my own service it takes me over 4 hours..

It's not worth 60 dollars a month

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@steve413 wrote:

Do you work for Verizon? Will I get charged if I CANCEL?  I only had service for 2 days, we download a ton of stuff on itunes and kids movies, I can't have speed like this.  When I used my mothers wifi (she lives 4 houses down from me) it would only take me 10 min to download a movie now with my own service it takes me over 4 hours..

It's not worth 60 dollars a month

No, I do not.

@steve413 wrote:
Will I get charged if I CANCEL?

The answer to your question, will be in the ToS / Contrant that you signed with Verzion when you got DSL.

More than likely, no since you had DSL for such a short time.

0 Likes