My speed is slow and How I turn off a bridge network?
dontdie44

Ok I need to turn off a Bridge network so I can Port everything and also Ive been messing around and It made my computer really slow I need it fixed. Servers on WoW and Minecraft don't show. So anything with Porting or Games are bad online 😞

0 Likes
Re: My speed is slow and How I turn off a bridge network?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm confused. Are you looking to get a direct connection to the Internet by avoiding NATs and Firewalls? That's kind of tough to manage when you have a router and you also have Residential Internet service. It's ultimately hard to get by unless you pay for business class service, get enough IP addresses, and assign each device needing a direct connection an IP address.

Games do work fine behind NATs. Minecraft and WoW do require the modem's Firewall to be set to Low or Off, and they also do require your computer's Firewall to not be set restrictive enough to block the games from communicating. Make sure you check over your Firewalls. The only thing WoW should have a problem with as far as a router/NAT/"internet porting" is concerned would be the Peer-to-Peer Updater/Downloader they use, which only affects uploads. Everything else should not require port forwarding as Blizzard hosts the servers on their end as well as provides HTTP downloads if P2P fails. Minecraft, unless you're looking to host a server from your home does not require port forwarding as dedicated servers do all of the heavy lifting. You're essentially just connecting to the server.

So, Firewalls are a good bet to check. The modem/router from Verizon does have a built-in Firewall so it's best to take a look at that one as well besides the PC firewall.

0 Likes
dontdie44

OMG Thank you and I want to turn off the bridge so I don't have to Port forword anymore.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What modem and/or router are we using just so we can get the basic idea of your setup?

0 Likes
masho951
Enthusiast - Level 3

When the DSL modem is set to "bridge mode" that just means you have a seperate router attached to it to do the "routing" part. If you don't have a seperate router and just the DSL modem it should be set to PPPoE with your username and password set so you can get online. If you want to get WoW working better you need to set Port Forwarding and the individual settings depend on the model modem you are using. WoW suggests port forwarding TCP port 3724 for the game and TCP port 6112 and ports 6881-6999 for the Blizzard downloader.  http://www.wowwiki.com/Port_forwarding

0 Likes