*/?>

I added these two Port Forwarding Rules:

MySQL
TCP 3306 -> 3306
Edit Remove
SAM
TCP 1221 -> 1221
Edit Remove

but the computer can't seem to connect to its database. 

0 Likes
Tech Support instructions
CouchPotato11

I'm trying to get Port Forwarding set up and got these complicated instructions from Verizon FiOS Tech Support:

1. The server had to be changed to bind the new IP address in /etc/mysql.conf 2. Several MySQL based programs had to be modified to connect to the new server address. 3. GRANT had to be invoked by MySQL root for each user on the new host IP addresses.

Can anyone give me a for-dummies explanation how to do these things?  It was way easier with my old router, and Verizon Tech Support can help me no further.

0 Likes
Re: Tech Support instructions
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure that the source port is set to ANY.

If that does not solve the issue, please post and we will go from there..

0 Likes
CouchPotato11

When I had sent my question April 16, I had already tried various ways of configuring Port Forwarding, including ANY.  I had gotten 1221 working, but 3306 just never worked for me.  So, between then and now, I abandoned MySQL altogether and switched to Firebird, which has a crude HTML output, but at least something.  I had been using MySQL for more than a decade successfully with other ISPs, and never run into as low a level of support as with Verizon FiOS.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Upon reflection I think I know what it is.

Besides the source port ANY, your new NAT router does not support loopback/reverse NAT/NAT Hairpinning.

By that I point to

http://www.pcwintech.com/test-for-reverse-nat

You can either use Simple Internet Tools - Port Listener (that tool that is addressed on that page) or you must use a server that logs the IP Address(es) that connect to the server.

Once you know the issue is that the router does not support loopback/reverse NAT/NAT Hairpinning, I point to Port forwarding only works seen from outside my local network? 

0 Likes