Mysterious bills from closed accounts
mleem003

I an throughly upset with Virizon. I have been a customer since about 2012 and these last few months has had me so upset I recommend AGAINST Verizon.

In October I had paid 250.00 to get my services turned back on after taking over the bill from somone else. It had been 5 days after payment and my services were still shut off so I had called Verizon to inquire why and they had completely closed the account for no reason and I had to be on the phone with multiple people for 2 hours in order to get my services back on and have my old equipment set up to the new account.

I had then recieved the bill for November and was charged for October even though that was already paid. Then I had paid the bill and my services where shut off AGAIN! So, I had called Verizon to see why and my $160.00 payment was applied to the closed account from 2012! How?!! They had informed me that I had apparently two old accounts with a rediculous ballanced over $1200.00 for missing equipment/over due payments. (Keep in mind the whole reason the second accounts was closed was because we turned in that cable box) Verizon oppened up a investigation and had applied that $160.00 payment to the appropriate account and then was left with a $4.64 payment so I paid that.  I was also told that bills are due every month on the 2nd but I havnt been revieving bills on time.

Another bill comes and I was charged a reactivation fee of $50.00 which should not have been applied because the bill was paid on time and was only shut off due to a Verizon error. So I had called Verizon, at this point the 6th time since October, and the $50.00 fee was taken off. So, my bill, which is not due until February, was back to the normal $74.00.

We get a call from a collections agency saying we owe Verizon and that the collection agency has taken over the account, my father called Verizon and they have no record of this.

Here I am today with my service shut off AGAIN and an email saying my payment arrangement for $125.00 was past due..... There was no payment arrangement or a bill for $125.00. I logged into my account and saw that the bill is still the normal balance of $74.00.

Please how can I fix this? I need a supervisor of some sort because NOBODY I, nor my father, has spoken to has been able to fix these issues. And can we please have my bills sent out on time?

0 Likes
Re: Mysterious bills from closed accounts
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mleem003,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes