NAS and Verizon's FiOS-G1100 router
sleao1976

I have very little knowledge about NAS systems, but I would like to set it up to a Verizon's FiOS-G1100 router. The NAS that I have is an old ReadyNAS NV. Does anyone know how to set up things to make the two devices work? My intention is to set everything as a local network to storage files wirelessly from a PC and a MAC to the NAS. I knew more or less how to do things with a different type of router, where I had to go to the settings of the router (advaced option) DHCP Server and re-set the IP Adress Pool from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199 and then indicate as Default Gateway 192.168.0.1. That way, I managed to set up things wirelessly without any problem. However, I don't have a nearly similar tab option /screen under the settings of this new FiOS-G1100 router. And so, I cannot make things work as previously. Any guidance on this to someone with very little computing knowledge will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!   

0 Likes
Re: NAS and Verizon's FiOS-G1100 router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not being able to look at the g1100 Gui up at the top is My Network. Once you click on that click Network Connections then Network/home then settings. That will get you to the local ip addressing. 

0 Likes
sleao1976

Thanks Edg1. I already did that. My problem is that once I get there I go to the "DHCP Settings for Network (Home/Office)" and change "Start IP Adress" to 192.168.0.100 and "End IP Address" to 192.168.0.199 as I used to have in my old router, and I get the error message "The DHCP IP address range does not conform to the connection IP address and the DHCP subnet mask." Also, I don't see any option as in my old router to set the "Default Gateway" to 192.168.0.1. Do you have any suggestion about how to solve this issue or any alternative way to set up the NAS in this Fios router? Again, any step by step explanation will be much apprecaited. Thanks. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check a PC connected to the same network as your nas.

It will give subnet mask and default gateway