NEW DRIVER INSTALLED
meme6666
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since installing new driver, cannot connect to WLAN? Any suggestions? Do I have a bad driver?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NEW DRIVER INSTALLED
Hubrisnxs
Legend

How does it look when you view it in device manager?  does it show software working properly and installed correct?

If it does, then follow the instructions linked here below:

• How to connect a computer with wireless capabilities to a Verizon FiOS Router using 802.11g wireless
    1. Find your MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router and look on one side of the unit. You should see a label that shows the Router's wireless settings including ESSID, WEP Key and WPS Pin.
    2. Write this information down.
    3. Right click on the "Wireless Icon" on the bottom righthand corner of your screen. Then select "Connect to a network".
    4. Then select the name of the network and click "Connect".  Note: The network name should match the name of the ESSID found on the Router's Wireless label.
    5. You'll be asked to enter a password. Enter the WEP Key as the password. Make sure that you enter the WEP Key EXACTLY as it is written on the label. You'll need to pay attention to the use of capitalization etc. Then click Connect.
    6. Once you see the screen "Successfully connected to....", make sure that the boxes next to "Save this network" and "Start this connection automatically" are checked. Now click "Close".
    7. Now you'll need to select a location for where you are, i.e. Home.  Congratulations! You should be connected to the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router using wireless.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
    Legend

How does it look when you view it in device manager?  does it show software working properly and installed correct?

If it does, then follow the instructions linked here below:

• How to connect a computer with wireless capabilities to a Verizon FiOS Router using 802.11g wireless
    1. Find your MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router and look on one side of the unit. You should see a label that shows the Router's wireless settings including ESSID, WEP Key and WPS Pin.
    2. Write this information down.
    3. Right click on the "Wireless Icon" on the bottom righthand corner of your screen. Then select "Connect to a network".
    4. Then select the name of the network and click "Connect".  Note: The network name should match the name of the ESSID found on the Router's Wireless label.
    5. You'll be asked to enter a password. Enter the WEP Key as the password. Make sure that you enter the WEP Key EXACTLY as it is written on the label. You'll need to pay attention to the use of capitalization etc. Then click Connect.
    6. Once you see the screen "Successfully connected to....", make sure that the boxes next to "Save this network" and "Start this connection automatically" are checked. Now click "Close".
    7. Now you'll need to select a location for where you are, i.e. Home.  Congratulations! You should be connected to the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router using wireless.
    meme6666
    Enthusiast - Level 1

Could u tell me how to get to the site Network Adapters? Device Manager? I was able to connect to WLAN by accident by trying to get to the site you told me. It was a firewall block.

thank you

{edited for privacy}

Hubrisnxs
    Legend

If you were able to get to the site, then the drivers are fine, and will show up as "ok" in the device manager.

you can still look at the device manager if you want to by doing the following: 

FOR XP 

dberg011
    Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ In Home Agent worked fine for me after new account setup and install. However, my computer wireless feature stopped, only hard wire would work. I found the Agent corrupted. A BIOS flash and driver reinstalling was the only way to recover after uninstalling the agent. Just prior to the failure, running the agent caused my computer to slow to a non-functional point 3/3 typically when tested.

Avoid the agent if possible is the best advice, but you may need to flash BIOS and drivers. By the way, Verizon told me they do NOT guarantee wireless speeds, even if speedtest reveals 3/3 speed.

Good luck.