NO Internet Connection since Direct TV was installed
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered the bundle (TV/phone/internet); direct TV was installed on 11/25 and after they left I discovered I had no internet at all; I immediately called Verizon, they stated the modem was bad, since I've had it for 7 years (7 troublefree years); they would send me a new one; there was nothing I had to do to set up the new DSL it would just carry over same as before; OK, so I can't' wait, I bring a modem home and directly connect it to my laptop, nothing, I call they say it's the modem just sit tight, OK the new modem gets there - no luck, what a surprise. We are now 12 days without internet - I'm going nuts!! The rep I speak to on the night the new modem arrives says he has no answer for me a field tech has to come out - just sit home and wait from Am - Pm, is he kidding me??? They can't narrow it down and now I have to take off work. I start going through the book they originally sent and see it says to "activate your new service" the girl I spoke to said that was unnecessary, but I figured I would try it - I did it from my work, I can't download the "agent" as I have no connection...It sees the wireless network - but there is "limited or no connection"

I am at a total loss and have had no help at all from Verizon - the gentleman I spoke to on 11/29 insisted he would call me back in two hours to confirm the tech coming out - I'm still waiting for his call.....Can anyone help me???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NO Internet Connection since Direct TV was installed
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are not going to beleive this!!! Last night I decided to not call my "executive manager" who never returns my calls and called the tech support - jeffrey listened to me rant and rave and then spent 45 minutes on the phone with me figuring out the issue!!! We had no network address assigned???? I don't know - but he got it working and was so nice to me!!! Plus he credited me back for the days we were without internet!!

Thanks for your help!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope so, I'm at my wit's end here....I saw i could use the "agent" even if i wasn't connected, can you tell me how to do that?

0 Likes
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please have them message me here, I'm not at the billing number on the account, I'm at work

0 Likes
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice - now the agent I was "chatting" with disconnected on me and they wonder why people leave their service??

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Does your landline phone still work?

0 Likes
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes landline works fine

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Are there filters installed on your phones?

0 Likes
cmetzgar991
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes - on phone lines only - not on the line from the modem

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried disconnecting the phone line(s) from the DTV receivers?  I had a problem like this some years ago where a DTV reciever was the problem.

0 Likes