NOT getting the speed I'm paying for. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE!!
nemodomi1

With a "Faster" plan, I'm entitled to 1.5-3 Mbps speeds. While at times I get 2.8, at other times -- especially in the evenings -- I've been getting 1.1-1.4 Mbps. I'm talking many hours at a stretch of this sub-par so-called service.

Furthermore, this is a KNOWN issue that Verizon is NOT addressing. See http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25385019-speed-latency-East-PA-Verizon-slow-speeds-update and http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25468870-speed-latency-Compiling-List-Of-Users-With-Slow-Download-S....

I am NOT willing to sit on the phone for eons while someone from God-knows-where tells me to jump through all the hoops that I've jumped through too many times before, only to end up with NO resolution. And I am NOT willing to sacrifice time from work, nor my precious free time, in order to accommodate a tech coming to my home. If I can have/get 2.8 SOME of the time, I should be able to have something close to that ALL of the time.

Furthermore, there is strong speculation out there that this problem started when Verizon started selling iPhones.

What do I want?!

I want an honest straightforward explanation from Verizon as to WHY so many people such as myself are experiencing this very same problem, and I want a satisfactory resolution. I have no intention of paying a bill for "Faster" service when I'm NOT getting it.

Comcast, with all of THEIR {word filter avoidance}, is looking better and better day by day.

0 Likes
Re: NOT getting the speed I'm paying for. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE!!
Jitjeremy69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too. They eventually sent me a new modem GT704WGB. It worked for a month and now I'm back to 1.8max mb's down and they are sending a tech. ???? Third time in a year. And I think they are focusing on cell phones now so who gives a crap about home internet right now

0 Likes
ButterflyGirl1

No, I am definitely NOT getting what I have been paying for.  My speed is so low, Verizon's speed check  can't even operate.

I am getting only .5  and should be reciving 1.5-3.0   What's UP?   Verizon, are you listening ???   This is not a one time issue, it's been going on for some time, and I  am so frustrated.

0 Likes
BlaBlaBla5

My neighbor has Verizon and I speed checked his at 22Mbps download. I signed up for up-to-7Mbps DSL and clock in at <7Mbps. I think maybe my neighbor has FiOS. We're doing well in my neighborhood.

BUT!

My service went live yesterday, and already they sent my modem to the wrong address the week before (their computer dropped "West" and someone along the way just decided it must be "East") and I got stuck in phone hell for a couple of days each time I'd call to check on the status of a new modem being sent. One lady even hung up on me when she kept asking  versions of "So are you calling about your wireless phone?" or "Do you have wireless internet?" and I finally got frustrated and said, "Please! For the fifth time, I have a Verizon wireless phone, yes, but I'm calling about High Speed Internet!" and she was gone after that--just disappeared. And it took 19.5 minutes of waiting on hold to be even sent to her.

And I also got stuck on a live chat session with a guy who, after TWENTY minutes of repeating and confirming information, finally said that he couldn't help with my question (which I asked at the START of the chat). At one point, he asked to connect to my computer via live remote when my question regarded account information on his end. Stupid.

I've already done a chat with Time Warner last night, and I'm thinking of jumping ship already. One Verizon phone guy yesterday said he gets daily all-day complaints about their customer service phone problems. I guess they have no plans to improve, since even the reps are like 'Yep, this is the most common complaint"

I'm going to cook off a few weeks of my trial period and then jump ship, I think. Then I'll try TWC and give them a turn to {word filter avoidance}

(edited: all I said was "annoy me off ;)" with a different word for "annoy". Stupid.)

ps. Don't get me started on these websites of theirs... , cluttered and often don't contain the information it says it will contain. Stupid websites.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
22Mbps would be FiOS, and I would consider yourself lucky it's even around truthfully. Been waiting for a while for it to even show up here, for the meantime being stuck with a 1Mbps DSL line or Cable. I can get 3Mbps for $30, but why get only 3x the speed, when I can wait for FiOS to show up and get at least 15x the download speed and 45x the upload speed for an additional $15? As of right now Verizon won't even sell anything higher than 3Mbps in my CO's service area since everything is literally on a remote
0 Likes
BlaBlaBla5

Yeah.... Verizon and their chronies have their priorities in the wrong place. I ABSOLUTELY have no desire to keep Verizon now.

Good job!

And to Smith, yeah, I'm pretty lucky in SoCal we have good service dropped here. But 'I'm banking TWC will be able to do do the same thing, same price, but up to 20Mbps. I'm DEFINITELY cancelling Verizon now.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

BlaBlaBla, you have received information in your private message box -- > . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.

0 Likes
97camaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue has started here in Central PA.  Evenings, download speeds on the 'up to 3Mbps" plan are unbearable at 300kbps from 7:00 to 11:00 or midnight every night religiously.  I've called, jumped thorugh their hoops on technical support, basically disconnecting and reconnecting everything while on the phone with India, and nothing improves the issue. They've shipped a new modem, and that hasn't resolved the issue.  

The issue just began in January of 2011, so I'm wondering if verizon isn't throttling download speeds during peak evening times due to lack of bandwidth.

I'm going to try to get a clear answer, and also pursuing other ISP options...   Comcast is in the area, and CLEAR has deployed, and although the 3Mbps when it works is nice, that's exactly the issue, when it works.

I work for a living and need my connection in the evening.  If Verizon can't deliver the speed I am paying for when I use the connection at night, why am I paying for 'high speed' internet that isn't so "high speed' when you use it most?

0 Likes
smithon

what they are doing not giving the entitled speed we are paying for it

0 Likes