Need username and password
mmessler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am replacing my standard issue dsl modem with a non verizon modem/wireless router combo unit.  It says in the install instructions that I need to have my dsl username and password.  I would rather not have to call verizon customer service (never had a issue, but jsut a pain to call with those voice activated menus), so I am wondering is this the same username/password I use to access my email, etc. at verizon's website?  Or some information used by my current modem that is totally different?

Re: Need username and password
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Username and Password would be the User/Pass to access to your Verizon e-mail, yes. If it isn't that, it would be the User/Pass to the Master account if you use a Subaccount for e-mail. Hope I'm clear enough with that.

It might be worth pointing out that if your Westell modem was using DHCP and not PPPoE to connect to Verizon, you do not need a Login. Instead, all you need to do is leave the modem powered off for a few hours to allow the DHCP lease to break from the old modem, or you need to clone the MAC address of the old modem to the new modem. Otherwise, if you are in a PPPoE area that uses OpenPPPoE such as my area, you can use any Username/Password combination you'd like and it will connect.