Needless G1100 lease?
Elvis1993
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just renewed my Fios service and tried to get Verizon to omit a new router lease.  Two agents insisted that it must be included (at $10/month, forever).  Now the "new" BHR4 router has arrived and it appears to be exactly the same as my existing two-year-old G1100 router.  Is there a real difference here that I'm missing?  Is it actually an upgrade, or is it loaded with software that actually limits my functionality?  If it's really as unnecessary as it appears, is there some way to return it and get Verizon to drop the monthly rental payment from my bill?

0 Likes
Re: Needless G1100 lease?
jonjones1
Legend

@Elvis1993 wrote:

I just renewed my Fios service and tried to get Verizon to omit a new router lease.  Two agents insisted that it must be included (at $10/month, forever).  Now the "new" BHR4 router has arrived and it appears to be exactly the same as my existing two-year-old G1100 router.  Is there a real difference here that I'm missing?  Is it actually an upgrade, or is it loaded with software that actually limits my functionality?  If it's really as unnecessary as it appears, is there some way to return it and get Verizon to drop the monthly rental payment from my bill?

It is not a requirement. You are being lied to.

take the one they sent you box and paperwork back to a Verizon Fios corporate store location. Have them give you a receipt showing the serial number and any other identification from the router. Have them immediately remove it from your account and to give you proof of your return.

the router you already have will function properly if Quantum Gateway Router G1100 or even a store bought one you own.

good luck

Re: Needless G1100 lease?
17Bluestreak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! I have the same problem and get absolutely no help directly from Verizons utterly useless service department. To the store I go.................

0 Likes