NetGear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender
tomc449

Will the NetGear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender work with my fios system.

0 Likes
Re: NetGear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender
jonjones1
Legend

@tomc449 wrote:

Will the NetGear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender work with my fios system.

It should just follow the instructions for the range extender from the vendor website or instructions in the box.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe others have said they will not work with FIOS routers.  Do some searches.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

I believe others have said they will not work with FIOS routers.  Do some searches.

I am using a Netgear Extender for 2.4 & 5 g bands with a Fios router and my Netgear Nighthawk router. Functions perfectly.

i guess it depends on how you set it up. With just a Fios Quantum G1100 or with your own supplied router like a Netgear or as an Access Point with a G1100 Quantum Router.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that a WiFi extender/repeater can half your speed.

That because of the way it switches back and forth between comma to devices and the upstream router.

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Keep in mind that a WiFi extender/repeater can half your speed.

That because of the way it switches back and forth between comma to devices and the upstream router.

So true. 

That is how the nature of the beast works. When using an extender as a wall receptacle using your house wiring it functions better. But that also is dependent on your house wiring, location, and what type of device is connected to it. 

We use one out in the yard, works pretty good.