Netflix deal.
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Has anyone herd if Verizon will strike a deal with Netflix to increase streaming quality during primetime? Or if it's even a possibility? If a deal is made will it be Verizon Fios only? I really hope verizon and Netflix do and it includes both Fios and HSI customers!!!
0 Likes
Re: Netflix deal.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a deal in the works based on the latest press releases I've seen, and yes it will help both DSL and FiOS alike, since both share the same common backbone.

wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
That's great news. Thanks for the info....I'm glad they share the same backbone I was concerned that HSI customers would not be included.
0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Just an update on Netflix, so far tonight I have streamed in 1080 for the last two shows (GoldRush). In the past right at 7pm my streaming quality would jump from 720p to 288sd and switch back and forth from HD quality to SD quality. Some nights it would stay at 288 the hole show. During the day we could always stream in HD. But like most people I work during the day. So I hope they have finally resolved the problem. I read that Netflix is paying verizon for the better connection. That just sounds wrong!!! But I'm glad it's over for now....

Edit: I did see the quality jump back and forth unfortunately from 480sd to 1080 as the night went on. But that's still a huge improvement.
0 Likes