Netgear AC6300 N1750 Wireless Router Compatibility
webdevii1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just looking for some feedback on the new Netgear AC6300 N1750 Wireless Router, is this a Verizon FiOS Friendly Router?

I currently have my FiOS internet set up as Ethernet out of the ONT instead of MoCA this was done several years ago, all is running fine until my existing Netgear N750 WNDR4000 died, and am looking to upgrade to the new AC6300 by Netgear.  

Any Feedback would be appreciated as I hve had inpecable service out of the existing Netgear router I am using and thought since it is on its last legs I would keep with the same Mfg and go with the newest Model which is the AC6300 N1750.  Netgear claims it is fully compatible with Verizon FiOS however I waould like to hear it from the Verizon side of the house as well if it is true.

Thank you again in advance 

Dev

0 Likes
Re: Netgear AC6300 N1750 Wireless Router Compatibility
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@webdevii wrote:

.. Netgear AC6300 N1750 Wireless Router, is this a Verizon FiOS Friendly Router? ... looking to upgrade to the new AC6300 by Netgear ...  Netgear claims it is fully compatible with Verizon FiOS ...

The term "FiOS compatible" is a lot like smoke and mirrors.  Since you have no requirement for MoCA capability, any reasonable quality wireless router of recent vintage will do the job, and do it well.  Be advised that the dual band capability of this device won't be beneficial just yet.  Also the ability to load third party firmware such as TomatoUSB or DDWRT is pretty much standard on higher quality routers these days.

According to the NewEgg page, this particular device has all the bells and whistles, and looks very good.  It's very attractive to boot.  However it costs nearly $200, so it really should be above average.  If you don't mind spending this much, you'll be just fine, FiOS or otherwise.

Re: Netgear AC6300 N1750 Wireless Router Compatibility
webdevii1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I did end up buying the A6300 and it is an awesome router, for both the wireless 2.4 & 5Ghz services and yeah I am running DD-WRT as the firmware which opens up alot more features than the Netgear FW does.

Thank you by the way for your post

dev

0 Likes