Network Extender
gamechanger1

Due to a weak cellular phone signal in my house, I purchased a Verizon Wireless Network Extender to improve my cell phone reception. The Verizon Wireless Network Extender utilizes the bandwidth of your DSL internet to provide wireless cell phone signal. This is fine when no one in utilizing the internet. However, when the internet is being used, the VOIP signal does not get priority routing and the signal is choppy or distorted. This can be avoided with router priority settings available in most routers. The problem is that the gateways provided by Verizon does not easily support QoS prioritization. The Verizon DSL representative says configuration of the router is beyond the scope of their support. Has anyone found a way around this problem. 

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which gateway do you have from Verizon? We should be able to assist you with setting up QoS on the router. It's confusing, but that's understandable considering what needs to be done for it to work properly!

0 Likes