Network Name from Router is Wrong Sometimes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I have Verizon Fios for my network provider, and I have a second router setup as an access point. The access point is sometimes showing the correct network name and I have internet access. Other times it shows a name of something like Home Nework 2 and when it shows this name I do not have internet access but yet it shows connected. Anyone have any idea how I can eliminate the sporadic problem?
0 Likes
Re: Network Name from Router is Wrong Sometimes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the second router set up as a bridge, as in DHCP and what not is disabled? Also, are you backhauling with MoCa (Coax) or Ethernet?

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
The connection is Ethernet and setup in bridge mode. I do not know how to include picture of settings so you can actually see my settings. The router is a Netgear Linksys E3200
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Got it. Would the uplink port be the "Internet" port on the Linksys or is it set up in a LAN to LAN port configuration?

If you're using Windows, use the Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories to take a screenshot. Use the "Photos" button when composing a post to attach a picture.

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
It is connected to the lan port not the internet port. I do not see the "photos" button.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is the Photos button I'm talking about. It might not be showing up if you're using the mobile site.

So a LAN to LAN Connection would be correct. Can you provide some screenshots of the settings you're using on the secondary router?

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks, I always use HTML and never suspected that I would need to use Rich text to add photos.  Below are some screen shots which might help you.  If you need additional information, please let me know.

imageimageimage

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I changed the dhcp range on the router, disabled dhcp on access point and set static IP for the access point. It appears to be working correctly now but I have had it work properly in the past for some time so I am not ready to say it is resolved
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds like the correct fix. Based on the settings I was seeing, DHCP looked to be enabled (I'm not the most familiar with Tomato!). It looks like your WAN port can also be bridged to the br0 interface, which should allow for the WAN port to be used as an uplink if you need to use all four of the normal LAN ports in the future.

0 Likes