New FIOS router, VIsta Laptop Cannot Access Internet
nancyhol713

I too have the new FIOS router with 75/35 speed.  I have just been trying to install the router and have been successful in getting wifi connected on two devices (Win 7 laptop and Kindle), but I cannot get my Vista laptop to access the internet.  It shows the wifi being connected but no internet connection.

Does this have something to do with the Vista OS?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Re: New FIOS router, VIsta Laptop Cannot Access Internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try updating the network driver for the Vista machine. Also see if disabling IPv6 in Vista helps with connectivity. Also check over any Firewalls you might have on.

0 Likes
labradog1

Anyone at Verizon who is paying attention would realize this problems is many years old with no solution.  People are literally begging for help in dozens of online forums, to no avail (Google search usually provides me results faster than any tech support).  I have the exact same issue.  All my wireless devices connect to the internet through the Verizon MI424WR router with no problem.  My Vista laptop connects just fine via Ethernet cable, but not the wireless.  I can make a wireless connection to the router, and the router admin page shows it is, in fact, connected, but absolutely NO connection to internet is possible.

BTW, the laptop had no problem for years connecting to the internet via a Linksys WRT54G connected to Verizon DSL. 

All that the troubleshooting "guide" provides is the usual basic "plug in, turn off, turn on, reset" nonsense that might help only those who can't stop their VCR clock from blinking.

So please, Verizon, bump this up to a FAQ (because it is VERY frequently asked), and help us find a solution.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
If it's win Vista, and the maker of your wifi card is atheros, then the problem is that you have a bad driver. You need to download and install the updated wifi driver.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes