New G3100 Router
teegrooving
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am thinking about replacing my Quantum Gateway router with this new route. any issues with this subject router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New G3100 Router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It just came out so not many have it right now. It has wireless AX, supposed to have better range than it's predecessors, SON is also supposed to work better. The MoCA is 2.5 so if you use an extended you will get full speed over the coax. MoCA 2.5 can get a little over 2 gbps. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It just came out so not many have it right now. It has wireless AX, supposed to have better range than it's predecessors, SON is also supposed to work better. The MoCA is 2.5 so if you use an extended you will get full speed over the coax. MoCA 2.5 can get a little over 2 gbps. 

TS2583
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got mine today, seems pretty good so far.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How does wireless performance compare to previous router (which did you have)?

Keyzee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, could you tell me the range of this new router.  My house is 2400Sq ft. Would the router be able to cover it alone or would I need to add extender.  Thanks

0 Likes
cktech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does the latest ONT support Moca 2.5? If not, is this even beneficial :/?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cktech wrote:

Does the latest ONT support Moca 2.5? If not, is this even beneficial :/?

The ONT does not support 2.5, so you still need ethernet at the router. It is beneficial because the old extender could only do around 400 mbps on the coax. Now with the new router and extender the call communicate at almost 2.5 gbps over the coax. 

luckiweeman

Greetings, all. I just got this router and noticed something with the rear indicator LED lights. when i boot the router, they are lit and indicating connectivity. After about a minute or so all the rear lights turn off. I'm still connected though and everything is fine. I'll reboot the router and lights come on but again, after a minute or so, turn off.  the front light is ok. Does anyone see this on their routers?

0 Likes
Keyzee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, did you need to get a extender also. My house is 2400 soft. I trying to figure if the router will cover my house or will I need to purchase a extender also

Rlacrossjr1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had my G3100 for 2 weeks, it's a great improvement in speed and range. Is it worth $309 is debatable. I have gigabyte internet and feel the G1100 is good up to 500/500 service. It's installed in basement at ceiling. G1100 I had to install WEB6000q for coverage. G3100 goes all the way without extender, 1300sq home. 5G has great coverage I can get in some locations on second floor. G1100 was like line of sight. First floor I get 500/500 min speed and second floor I get 40/40 min speed. Most are N or AC devices and don't get full speed support. So it's like buy a antique G1100 or G3100 is little ahead of its time.