New G3100 Router
KJK2632

I just got a new G3100 router when my old router got damaged due to a power surge (major thunderstorm with hail). My old router worked great and the new G3100 is in the same place. Problem is now anytime I do a Zoom or WebEx meeting, I get an error message that says my internet connection is intermittent.

My house is 1,000 square feet. The computer and the router are separated by less than 24 feet and one drywall wall. As I said, the old router didn't have these issues. Any ideas other than the one the Verizon support people suggest at an added $199 for signal boosting?

0 Likes
Re: New G3100 Router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Q1 While we get that you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

Please note for this next question even if you have another one that is not use, you must say so. For example: Yes, but it is a spare.

Q2 Do you have a separate router?

Please note for this next question: One of the NICs must be a wired NIC and it should not be a portable type of computer (ex: a laptop).

Q3 Do you have spare computer that works that either has two NICs or you could add a second NIC?

0 Likes
KJK2632

Here I was thinking I was doing something wrong. Reading all the complaints about the G3100 leads me to believe that what I need to do is get a different router. 

Any hints on how to get Verizon to agree to swap out the lousy router they installed on July 3 for one with a better track record? 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KJK2632 wrote:

leads me to believe that what I need to do is get a different router. 

That is what I am thinking too, so please answer my questions.

0 Likes