New happier customer
phillygirl2013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the DSL plan of  3-7mbps for less than a week now.  I've been having connectivity issues to which I initiated a tech chat session.  I was told the issued had to be escalated to a supervisor and it should be resolved in 48hours.  After 3 days I call into tech support.  I inform that my download speeds were weak according to speedtest.  The readings I was getting were no higher than 3mbps.  One reading was below 1mbps down.

The supervisor took control of my computer and showed me in 192.168.1.1 what my speed is.  I was a bit disappointed to learn that my phone line max is 5mbps.  With selecting the 3-7mbps tier when I signed up I was hoping that 5mbps would be my medium and not my max.  The supervisor simply deleted temp files and checked router settings.  Surprisingly my speed shot up to 5mbps!!

With having cable internet I did not have to worry about what programs are running on the net in the background like my music manager, playon, etc.  My tablet is set to wifi and now I have to remember to turn off that automatic feature.  I did not have to worry about temp files.  I know this should be done for general pc health, but I never thought my DSL speed would be affected by this. 

My household likes to stream and 5mbps is a strain for more than one computer to stream.  I'm still testing out if this speed is good enough or if I am going to stay with comcast.  Currently I still have that service, but its currently not connected as I am trying out verizon's DSL.

For new people, I've learned a lot by reading the boards.  Just today I learned to adjust my wireless mode if not using any B devices.  All is well for now, but I am dishearten about reading all the issues customers are having with their service.  For the moment I'm still deciding of which service to keep verizon DSL or comcast.